Wednesday 28 February 2007

O what a week

so...i'm officially a uni student now...enrolement was a total slag and my god everythign is so nutso right now.

i waited in one queue for 15 min to get in to get my papers photocopied only to be stuck in a room for 5o min...yep you read right waiting for my subject advisor interview. i got in to see her and it was as if i stepped into Linda's office....."Martin...this is Lind---ahhh" no really she even asked some woman..who happened to be named LINDA that she 'ha[d] a studentthere who wanted ot know if she could do german in part of her science degree"..Carol..You know Carol...Blonde hair, very pale..always looks as if she's looking over your shoulder...yess.....anyway..from there i had to go and wait for another half an hr in yet anther line to file my enrolement forms...then i was sent to another queue (about 10 min this time) to get my photo taken. and it looks shit anyway. i am a tomato with yellow hair. the girl taking teh photo goes..yeh it happens to all blondes. i'm like gee...thanks.
and you;d think i'd b done by then..NOPE. another queue..for teh diary. seriously..i ran out of there as soon as the guy handed me my diary. i literally turned on my heels and bolted.

and now actually into uni week. most of my practicals haven't started as yet so i have like 4 hr blocks of free time here and there. the biol lecturer always makes me fall asleep, no matter how hard i try to keep my eyes open. AND they originally had me at uni from 8am till 10 pm on mondays..crazzyy. so i changed that round..only there till 6 now. so exhausting to go from doing nothign for 4 months to suddenly having to write down notes, find class rooms, buy books and try adn get my head around modern literature. a book a week...what teh shit??

so today...well...let me just give you some background as to what is going on in teh background of my uni life..mum is flying to poland the day after my birthday and she is going for 4 weeks. that means the only people that'll b here will be..ME. that means that while she is partying away on the other side of the globe i have to maintain teh finances here. ie pay the rent and the bills while she's gone..no for all you independeant sons of bitches out there it may seem like a reasonable thign but get this...i get $100 a week from work right now...stil need to buy school books and pay uni fees....rent is $235 a week and I GET NO CENTRELINK. i don't quite know how i am going to do it but i guess i have no choice.

i asked her how she expects me to do it and she replied...."no one asks how i can do it!"
hmmmm...any ideas for a quick buck besides selling my body???

and then today, getting off teh bus, i left my wallet behind. i realised within minutes that i didn't have it as i wanted to buy a coffee before my tute. i totally flipped out coz really its the last thing i need right now. i did the only thing i thoguh of doing..BEN...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!...so being teh awesome person that he is Chuah got onto the bus company adn then went all the way to West Footscray to pick up his stupid sod of a friend's wallet. He then brought it to me with hot jam ball donuts. what a gem!

then...after having my wallet back in my possession for little over an hr we went for lunch on swanston street. i took my (mouth) plate out and wrapped it in a napkin and put it beside my (eating food) plate. i ate my meal...moped about how the fuck i was going to get $1000 for mum's "holiday"..and then we elft to Big W. as i stood wondering which chocolate i felt like i ran my tongue over my teeth only to find that there was no wire there...i shat myself...flipped out..started crying in the middle of Big W and then strudged on down to where we ate hoping like hell that they hadn't piffed it. to my amazing luck they dfound it and kept it behind teh counter...lucky i tipped when i payed huh?

so if there is one thing i have learnt...always be good to others...coz u never know when u will really need others to look out for you.

to all the strangers that helped me out today i just wanna say thanks..i will never scowl at strangers again....except for when i am at work.

the end

1 comment:

BEN said...

oh baby baby ... whoops i did it again ... you're a goose! CALL CENTRELINK!!!